TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
1) The following conditions of sale make the entire terms and conditions for the items listed in our catalogue and addendum sheets offered for sale by David G Smith Auctions Pty Ltd.
2) All bid prices "hammer prices" (means the price at which a lot is knocked down to the purchaser) will be subject to a buyer's premium, inclusive of GST of 20.5% of the hammer price. The buyer's premium price is added to your successful bid and the two together make up your purchase price.
3) Auction sales are strictly by cash, eftpos or credit card (Mastercard & Visa). Payment by cheque is available, Drivers License and Phone Number will be required upon presentation of cheque has cleared. All sales are final at the fall of the Auctioneers hammer.
4) At the falling of the HAMMER, the highest bidder will have purchased the offered lot. The purchase is subject to all the terms and conditions set forth herein. The purchaser assumes full responsibility thereof. All items purchased must be paid for and collected on the day unless prior arrangement has been made with auctioneer.
5) We reserve the right to withdraw any property prior to sale, to ass items or make changes prior to the auction. Any changes made will be included on the day of the auction as an amendment.
6) Antique firearms and pistols offered in this auction DO NOT REQUIRE A LICENSE, PERMIT OF REGISTRATION IN THE STATE OF VICTORIA. Firearms in this auction are all "ANTIQUE". Please check your own state laws regarding classification. We will help where we can.
7) Pistols & firearms requiring licenses are clearly indicated. It is the buyer's responsibility to obtain necessary licenses & permits for any purchased lots, denial of any permit or license shall not justify cancellation of the sale or delay any payments to David G Smith Auctions Pty Ltd for the purchase lots.
8) All absentee and postal bidders will be notified by phone where possible. All successful purchases are required to pay for their purchases on invoice, and will be notified on the cost of packaging, freight and insurance on successful bids and charged at appropriate rates. If paying by credit card these purchases will receive priority postage. Please allow 7-10 working days for delivery.
9) ABSENTEE BIDDING: All absentee bids must be received 1 hour prior to start of auction. Successful absentee bids must be paid for by credit card on notification of successful bidding and will be charged packing & freight accordingly.
10) VICTORIAN BUYERS ONLY: Sword buyers must belong to a registered collectors club to purchase a sword, if not there are club memberships available on the day of auction for $30.00. All swords & daggers do require club membership.
11) Interstate buyers of antique firearms, pistols, sword and daggers require ID, e.g. Drivers or shooters license or passport.
12) GST is included in the bidding price.
13) All property offered for sale is as is, where is. David G Smith Auctions Pty Ltd does not guarantee or make warranties on any lot sold. Description in the catalogue are opinion. They are written as a guide to potential bidders. We acknowledge that there may be errors in what is written. If you bid on it and you are successful you own it. We strongly recommend you personally view any item or have acknowledged expert view on the item. David G Smith Auctions Pty Ltd are under no obligation to refund or return any item. Items offered for sales in catalogue, bill of sale, advertisements, website etc. are qualified statements of opinion and representation. No employee of David G Smith Auctions Pty Ltd is authorised to make any representation of warranty, oral or written with respect to any property. If you are not sure of any item (even after talking with auction staff) DO NOT BID.
14) Acceptance of a bidder card in conjunction with a recognized bid constitutes acceptance of the Terms & Conditions of Sale
15) DEFINITION OF TERMS: Circa: Means around about the date of manufacture. Style: Regarding items such as Third Reich in some cases it is very hard to tell original items from old film copies and re-enactors used items, if we are unable to authenticate items and if we are unsure the word style is used, and goods are priced accordingly. We do stress there is no guarantees or warranties and no refund on any item. Pattern: Is a word used mainly with swords and it is defined as when the model was first made it does determine the age of the sword in auction. Several armies and navies Worldwide still use old pattern swords but are made only recently.
Buyers Guide/Estimated Prices: A price guide has been put in place to assist people from interstate and on the floor when bidding and reflects what value these items are believed to be worth. In past auctions some items have been sold under the buyers guide price and some have sold well over the price guide prices. It is designed to be estimate only.